Monday 21 May 2012

This Saturday || Concert photography

This Saturday was an EPIC day, just saying, so I feel there's need of an blog entry here.

Of course, as it was weekend, i could sleep long, then i had a nice breakfast, did some homework, learned a bit, and then - it was time to grab my dslr and get going.
Thanks to a friend of mine I got a job as concert photographer at the Cryptic Lane Gig in Bochum! He knows the vocalist personally and was so kind to ask him if I could do it - and he said yes! Isn't that awesome! I spend my whole friday night with googleing after how to do concert photography.... everything online told me that it's basically the most difficult kind of photography ever, and that even experienced photographers have some problems from time to time D:
So I was really really worried!
At 5.15pm I took the bus which lead directly to the hall. On the way, some friends got into the bus and I met even more new people; as well as in front of the hall.
I went to ask the security if I was really gonna get in the hall. He asked for my name - and said NO.

I was not on the list. I was so shocked. But I still knew that my knew the band members, and he offered to call them to ask why I was not on the list, but couldn't reach anyone.
A while later though he turned around and saw..... le vocalist of le band infront of the hall. We took the chance to ask why I was not on the list. About 2 seconds later I was on the list - René told the security guy and everyone was happy!

And soon, we entered the hall. We listend to the first band, stood a little in the back of the hall - and got in front soon before Cryptic Lane started playing. I was taking photos all the time! Usually there's this rule I read about, that you can only take photos during the first 3 concerts. But since noone told me otherwise and there were no securities anyways, I just took photos during the whole show, which resulted in ~700 pictures being taken that night. xD

I know that I'm just a beginner, but I am super duper happy with how most of the pictures turned out! On many pictures the lighting is reaaaaaaaaaaaally bad though XD But there's loads of great pics as well! After Cryptic Lane most of our group left the hall itself and we stood infront of the merch and talked. I sat down on some stairs and took a look on my pics, when some friends joined me, and later the bass player as well! (asdjkakeh) xD

And the evening was just getting started! I didn't wanna go into the hall again with the camera, and most of us didn't care for Mob Rules anyways, only later, when Layment played, some got back into the hall. About 6 of us though left the concert part of the Matrix and went over to the disco part. AND FUCK this hall and disco is amazing - it has some floors where different music is being played, and one of it is the Rockpalast (=Rock palace, in case you didnt figure that out already) and we just sat on different floors, enjoyed the music and chilled - it was surely great, and I'd love to do it again soon with all of these guys! ♥

Since we are all from the same town anyways, we took the same train back home, and walked the last meters together. It was great fun and I think I have made loads of new friends ;) It was great. Just plain great!


also, check out their Single "Kill the oppression"! 


No comments:

Post a Comment