Tuesday 12 February 2013

Carnival!

The German Carnival - Helau and Alaaf! 
I'm fortunately living right in North Rhine Westphalia, close to the biggest Carnival celebrating cities in germany - Düsseldorf and Cologne!

Kölle Alaaf
Düsseldorf Helau!

Carnival pretty much starts at 11/11 already, but the real celebration was this weekend, from Thursday until Today. 
Today was so called 'Rosenmontag' the main carnival day (in my eyes, I guess.)
You can see huge parades all over Düsseldorf and Cologne, most of the car's topics are political - I never  understood them as a child, but NOW I almost fell over laughing at some of them today!
There's also people on the cars (I'm NOT gonna explain why, that's really just too much^^)

Of course everyone is going there in a costume, except me, of course, because I don't own fancy costumes, but I dressed up nonetheless!


Some (unedited because no time, ever u.u) pictures of some cars and people of the parade!















Sweets I got that day <3




No comments:

Post a Comment